With less than one month remaining until the April 19, 2018 effective date of bankruptcy-related amendments to Regulation X and Regulation Z, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has issued “Mortgage Servicing FAQs” to address several questions it has received regarding the new bankruptcy statement requirements. Specifically, the FAQs provide some clarification regarding periodic statements, coupon books, reaffirmation, successors in interest, and the effective date.
- Supreme Court to Resolve Circuit Split on FDCPA Statute of Limitations
- FCC Taps Geoffrey Starks as New Commissioner After Clyburn Retirement
- FCC Creates New TCPA Safe Harbor and Reassigned Phone Number Database
- TCPA Roundup: A Week of Blockbuster News from the Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit, the FCC, and a Few District Courts
- Vizio Settles for $17 Million Claims That it Collected and Distributed Consumers’ Viewing Histories on Smart TV Device Without User Consent
- Administrative Procedure (3)
- Arbitration (6)
- Auto Loans (1)
- Banking (8)
- Bankruptcy (1)
- CCD (1)
- CFPB (29)
- Class Actions (3)
- CRA (1)
- Disparate Impact (4)
- Dodd Frank (2)
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act (1)
- FACTA (2)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (4)
- FCC (11)
- FDCPA (12)
- FHA (3)
- Forum Selection Clauses (1)
- FTC (2)
- General (2)
- HMDA (1)
- HOEPA (1)
- Home Loans (2)
- Integrated Disclosure Rule (1)
- OCC (1)
- Protective Orders (1)
- QWRs (2)
- Rescission (2)
- RESPA (1)
- Spam Regulations (1)
- State Consumer Protection Laws (4)
- Student Loans (4)
- TCPA (77)
- Truth in Lending (7)
David has extensive experience in consumer financial services litigation and co-ch...
Joe is a partner in the Firm’s Finance & Restructuring Group and a member of the Ban...
Amanda represents a variety of commercial and financial institutions in complex litigatio...
Divya Gupta is a commercial litigator Partner with one of the nation’s most knowledge...
Scott brings the tenacity of a former prosecutor to his representation of clients in high-st...
Alex is a member of one of the nation’s most prominent and knowledgeable Telephone Cons...