The United States District Court for the Western District of Washington held that before obtaining a consumer’s credit report, a third party judgment creditor must establish that the transaction at issue is a “credit” transaction under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (“FACTA”) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”).
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Case Update: In Consumer Data Breach Case, Eleventh Circuit Indicates Concern over Scope of FTC’s Enforcement Actions
- Bad News and Good News – The CFPB’s Arbitration Rule
- THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING—Second Circuit Holds that Contractual Consent Provisions Cannot be Revoked
- Seventh Circuit Rejects Rule 67 Mootness Argument But Keeps Campbell-Ewald Full Deposit Maneuver Alive
- “Junk Fax” Case Determined Not To Make Junk Law, Strengthens Post-Spokeo Standing and Rule 67 Mootness Arguments
- Administrative Procedure (3)
- Arbitration (5)
- Auto Loans (1)
- Banking (7)
- CCD (1)
- CFPB (13)
- Class Actions (1)
- CRA (1)
- Disparate Impact (4)
- Dodd Frank (1)
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act (1)
- FACTA (1)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (2)
- FCC (1)
- FDCPA (8)
- FHA (3)
- Forum Selection Clauses (1)
- FTC (1)
- HMDA (1)
- HOEPA (1)
- Home Loans (2)
- Integrated Disclosure Rule (1)
- Protective Orders (1)
- QWRs (2)
- Rescission (2)
- RESPA (1)
- Spam Regulations (1)
- State Consumer Protection Laws (3)
- Student Loans (4)
- TCPA (41)
- Truth in Lending (7)
Eric has over 10 years of litigation experience. He has first-chaired trials in federal...
David has extensive experience in consumer financial services litigation and co-ch...
Joe is a partner in the Firm’s Finance & Restructuring Group and a member of the Ban...
An associate in Dorsey’s Trial Group, Jeremy’s practice focuses on commercial and ban...
Eric is one of the country’s prominent Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) def...
Divya Gupta is a senior commercial litigator and a lead attorney with one of the nation’s ...
Nicole is an associate in the firm’s Southern California office. Her practice focuse...
Scott brings the tenacity of a former prosecutor to his representation of clients in high-st...
Alex is a member of one of the nation’s most prominent and knowledgeable Telephone Cons...