The United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit recently affirmed a magistrate judge’s decision in the District Court for the Eastern District of New York to dismiss a complaint brought under TILA and HOEPA. The complaint sought rescission of two loans secured by a lien on a co-operative apartment on the grounds that certain required disclosures were not made by the lender. Adopting the Federal Reserve’s definition of “mortgage broker” the Second Circuit affirmed the district court’s finding that the appellant borrower failed to establish that the subject loans were procured by a mortgage broker.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- What You Need to Know About the CFPB and the PHH Argument Yesterday
- TCPA Defendant Strikes Out on Summary Judgment Bid to Demonstrate Consent to Call
- The Ninth Circuit Makes it Easier to Plead Text Message TCPA Cases
- Dorsey’s Artin Betpera Advocates on Behalf of the Mortgage Industry with the California MBA at the State Capitol
- Industry Hits Back Against the Plaintiffs’ Bar’s Effort to Eviscerate TCPA Consent Rulings
- Administrative Procedure (3)
- Arbitration (3)
- Auto Loans (1)
- Banking (7)
- CCD (1)
- CFPB (13)
- Class Actions (1)
- CRA (1)
- Disparate Impact (4)
- Dodd Frank (1)
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act (1)
- FACTA (1)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (2)
- FCC (1)
- FDCPA (6)
- FHA (3)
- Forum Selection Clauses (1)
- HMDA (1)
- HOEPA (1)
- Home Loans (2)
- Integrated Disclosure Rule (1)
- Protective Orders (1)
- QWRs (2)
- Rescission (2)
- RESPA (1)
- Spam Regulations (1)
- State Consumer Protection Laws (3)
- Student Loans (4)
- TCPA (34)
- Truth in Lending (7)
Eric has over 10 years of litigation experience. He has first-chaired trials in federal...
David has extensive experience in consumer financial services litigation and co-ch...
Joe is a partner in the Firm’s Finance & Restructuring Group and a member of the Ban...
An associate in Dorsey’s Trial Group, Jeremy’s practice focuses on commercial and ban...
Eric is one of the country’s prominent Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) def...
Divya Gupta is a senior commercial litigator and a lead attorney with one of the nation’s ...
Nicole is an associate in the firm’s Southern California office. Her practice focuse...
Scott brings the tenacity of a former prosecutor to his representation of clients in high-st...
Alex is a member of one of the nation’s most prominent and knowledgeable Telephone Cons...