The United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit recently affirmed a magistrate judge’s decision in the District Court for the Eastern District of New York to dismiss a complaint brought under TILA and HOEPA. The complaint sought rescission of two loans secured by a lien on a co-operative apartment on the grounds that certain required disclosures were not made by the lender. Adopting the Federal Reserve’s definition of “mortgage broker” the Second Circuit affirmed the district court’s finding that the appellant borrower failed to establish that the subject loans were procured by a mortgage broker.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Ninth Circuit Rules an ATDS Need Only Have the Capacity to “Store Numbers to Be Called” and Dial “Automatically”
- Financial Industry Groups Should Have a Pulse on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018: A Legislative Update on the Strictest Privacy Law in the Country
- Third Circuit to Debt Collectors: “Use Your Real Name”
- Callers Beware: Direct Drop Voicemails Fall Within the Purview of TCPA Liability Says District Court
- 3rd Circuit Grants Summary Judgment in Favor of Yahoo! in Reassigned Phone Number Class Action
- Administrative Procedure (3)
- Arbitration (6)
- Auto Loans (1)
- Banking (8)
- Bankruptcy (1)
- CCD (1)
- CFPB (29)
- Class Actions (4)
- CRA (1)
- Disparate Impact (4)
- Dodd Frank (2)
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act (1)
- FACTA (1)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (4)
- FCC (8)
- FDCPA (11)
- FHA (3)
- Forum Selection Clauses (1)
- FTC (2)
- General (1)
- HMDA (1)
- HOEPA (1)
- Home Loans (2)
- Integrated Disclosure Rule (1)
- OCC (1)
- Protective Orders (1)
- QWRs (2)
- Rescission (2)
- RESPA (1)
- Spam Regulations (1)
- State Consumer Protection Laws (3)
- Student Loans (4)
- TCPA (77)
- Truth in Lending (7)
Eric has over 10 years of litigation experience. He has first-chaired trials in federal...
David has extensive experience in consumer financial services litigation and co-ch...
Joe is a partner in the Firm’s Finance & Restructuring Group and a member of the Ban...
An associate in Dorsey’s Trial Group, Jeremy’s practice focuses on commercial and ban...
Amanda represents a variety of commercial and financial institutions in complex litigatio...
Divya Gupta is a commercial litigator Partner with one of the nation’s most knowledge...
Scott brings the tenacity of a former prosecutor to his representation of clients in high-st...
Alex is a member of one of the nation’s most prominent and knowledgeable Telephone Cons...