Late last year, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency announced that a proposed national charter for fintech companies is currently on hold as the OCC’s new Comptroller of the Currency, Joseph Otting, needs additional time to study the proposed charter. Despite the fact that the OCC has not yet granted a national charter for fintech companies, the proposal to do so has already been the subject of two different court challenges by state regulatory authorities.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- FTC’s Data Security Authority Curbed by 11th Circuit
- The Latest from Capitol Hill and State Legislatures on Robocall-related Happenings
- Supreme Court has Opportunity to Reconcile Retroactivity Rulings: Will Callers Be On or Off the Hook?
- The Ever-Evolving Interpretation of an ATDS: Where Are We Now? (No, Really!)
- Congress Considers So-Called ROBOCOP Bills
- Administrative Procedure (3)
- Arbitration (6)
- Auto Loans (1)
- Banking (8)
- Bankruptcy (1)
- CCD (1)
- CFPB (29)
- Class Actions (3)
- CRA (1)
- Disparate Impact (4)
- Dodd Frank (2)
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act (1)
- FACTA (1)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (4)
- FCC (7)
- FDCPA (10)
- FHA (3)
- Forum Selection Clauses (1)
- FTC (2)
- HMDA (1)
- HOEPA (1)
- Home Loans (2)
- Integrated Disclosure Rule (1)
- OCC (1)
- Protective Orders (1)
- QWRs (2)
- Rescission (2)
- RESPA (1)
- Spam Regulations (1)
- State Consumer Protection Laws (3)
- Student Loans (4)
- TCPA (74)
- Truth in Lending (7)
Eric has over 10 years of litigation experience. He has first-chaired trials in federal...
David has extensive experience in consumer financial services litigation and co-ch...
Joe is a partner in the Firm’s Finance & Restructuring Group and a member of the Ban...
An associate in Dorsey’s Trial Group, Jeremy’s practice focuses on commercial and ban...
Divya Gupta is a commercial litigator Partner with one of the nation’s most knowledge...
Scott brings the tenacity of a former prosecutor to his representation of clients in high-st...
Alex is a member of one of the nation’s most prominent and knowledgeable Telephone Cons...