Late last year, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency announced that a proposed national charter for fintech companies is currently on hold as the OCC’s new Comptroller of the Currency, Joseph Otting, needs additional time to study the proposed charter. Despite the fact that the OCC has not yet granted a national charter for fintech companies, the proposal to do so has already been the subject of two different court challenges by state regulatory authorities.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Dorsey Partner Quoted in Bloomberg BNA Article, “Trump CFPB Seen as Shifting to By-the-Book Supervision”
- FCC Leadership to Change Composition as Clyburn Announces Retirement
- ACA International v. FCC Aftermath: 28 Days Later
- Back to Basics: What is an “ATDS,” Really?
- CFPB Publishes Semiannual Report to Congress: Dorsey Partner Quoted in American Banker Article, “It ‘Would Stab a Knife’ into CFPB: Critics React to Mulvaney Proposal”
- Administrative Procedure (3)
- Arbitration (6)
- Auto Loans (1)
- Banking (8)
- Bankruptcy (1)
- CCD (1)
- CFPB (29)
- Class Actions (3)
- CRA (1)
- Disparate Impact (4)
- Dodd Frank (2)
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act (1)
- FACTA (1)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (4)
- FCC (4)
- FDCPA (10)
- FHA (3)
- Forum Selection Clauses (1)
- FTC (1)
- HMDA (1)
- HOEPA (1)
- Home Loans (2)
- Integrated Disclosure Rule (1)
- OCC (1)
- Protective Orders (1)
- QWRs (2)
- Rescission (2)
- RESPA (1)
- Spam Regulations (1)
- State Consumer Protection Laws (3)
- Student Loans (4)
- TCPA (69)
- Truth in Lending (7)
Eric has over 10 years of litigation experience. He has first-chaired trials in federal...
David has extensive experience in consumer financial services litigation and co-ch...
Joe is a partner in the Firm’s Finance & Restructuring Group and a member of the Ban...
An associate in Dorsey’s Trial Group, Jeremy’s practice focuses on commercial and ban...
Divya Gupta is a senior commercial litigator and a lead attorney with one of the nation’s ...
Scott brings the tenacity of a former prosecutor to his representation of clients in high-st...
Alex is a member of one of the nation’s most prominent and knowledgeable Telephone Cons...