On October 3, 2018, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals issued a significant decision in a class action case regarding a plaintiff’s standing to sue for alleged violations of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (“FACTA”). See Muransky v. Godiva Chocolatier, Inc., No. 16-16486, 2018 U.S. App. LEXIS 27980 (11th Cir. Oct. 3, 2018). FACTA is a 2003 amendment to the Fair Credit Reporting Act...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- TCPA Roundup: A Week of Blockbuster News from the Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit, the FCC, and a Few District Courts
- Vizio Settles for $17 Million Claims That it Collected and Distributed Consumers’ Viewing Histories on Smart TV Device Without User Consent
- Fall is for Falling Leaves, Thanksgiving, and TCPA Omnibus II?
- 11th Circuit Rules on Article III Standing in FACTA Cases
- Circuit Split Pronounced by District Court’s Application of Statutory Definition of an ATDS
- Administrative Procedure (3)
- Arbitration (6)
- Auto Loans (1)
- Banking (8)
- Bankruptcy (1)
- CCD (1)
- CFPB (29)
- Class Actions (3)
- CRA (1)
- Disparate Impact (4)
- Dodd Frank (2)
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act (1)
- FACTA (2)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (4)
- FCC (9)
- FDCPA (11)
- FHA (3)
- Forum Selection Clauses (1)
- FTC (2)
- General (2)
- HMDA (1)
- HOEPA (1)
- Home Loans (2)
- Integrated Disclosure Rule (1)
- OCC (1)
- Protective Orders (1)
- QWRs (2)
- Rescission (2)
- RESPA (1)
- Spam Regulations (1)
- State Consumer Protection Laws (4)
- Student Loans (4)
- TCPA (77)
- Truth in Lending (7)
David has extensive experience in consumer financial services litigation and co-ch...
Joe is a partner in the Firm’s Finance & Restructuring Group and a member of the Ban...
Amanda represents a variety of commercial and financial institutions in complex litigatio...
Divya Gupta is a commercial litigator Partner with one of the nation’s most knowledge...
Scott brings the tenacity of a former prosecutor to his representation of clients in high-st...
Alex is a member of one of the nation’s most prominent and knowledgeable Telephone Cons...